615 N. Promenade Street, Havana, IL 62644



  • Does Mason District Hospital have certain visiting hours?

    The main hospital entrance is open from 7 am to 8 pm. After 8 pm the Emergency Department doors are the main entry of the hospital.

  • How do I transfer care from my doctor to a Medical Associate doctor?

    Transferring care from you current doctor to a doctor at one of our Medical Clinics is easy! You may call either Havana Medical Associates Clinic at (309) 543-6600,   Mason City Medical Associates (217) 482-3400 , or Manito Medical Associates (309) 968-5311  and ask about how to transfer care. You may also download a New Patient Request form by clicking here. After you have completed the form, mail it to one of the preferred Clinics and we will contact you as soon as we can after receiving your form.

  • How can I financially support Mason District Hospital?

    You can make a contribution several different ways to Mason District Hospital. You can always make a cash or check donation to Mason District Hospital or to the Mason District Hospital Foundation. You may make a gift as a memorial or to honor a friend or loved one. You can designate your gift to a specific project, or a specific department. Non-monetary gifts are also accepted, such as bonds, securities and real estate. Mason District Hospital Foundation may be named as the beneficiary in a life insurance policy or in your will. For Estate Planning or general questions regarding donations contact Noelle Roos at (309) 543-8508 or email at

  • Can I have my labs, x-rays, and other diagnostic tests done at Mason District while my doctor is out of town?

    Yes, all you need is an order from your doctor, and we can do the tests here at Mason District Hospital and forward the results to your family doctor. Some tests may need scheduled, so call (309) 543-8532 to check if your test needs to be scheduled.

  • How can I get a copy of my medical records?

    A copy of your medical records can only be obtained through a written authorization. You may obtain an authorization for release of privileged information form by clicking here or by calling the Medical Records Department at (309) 543-8480. The authorization must be signed and dated by: the patient not the spouse, a guardian if the patient is a minor or under 18 years of age, the next of kin if the patient is deceased, a guardian if the patient is legally judged incompetent, or the emancipated minor. The consent must then be delivered to the Medical Records Department.

  • My child will be cared for by someone else in my absence, what if my child needs medical treatment?

    You may download a Consent for Treatment form by clicking here or by contacting our Emergency Department at (309) 543-8555. After obtaining and completing the form, give to the form to the adult who will be caring for your child. If an emergency arises while you are gone, the supervising adult will have consent to allow a medical team to treat your child.

  • What should I bring with me if I am going to be a patient?

    It is best to only bring items that you use daily, such as glasses, dentures, hearing aids, robe and slippers. Please also bring a list of medications you take, identification, and insurance cards. Please leave valuables at home, such as money, jewelry and cell phones. Each room has a clock, TV and phone for your use.

  • How do I indicate my Advanced Directive?

    An advanced directive is a document that gives your healthcare desires in advance. It is a significant statement of your intentions and should be developed only after careful consideration. This document guides your caregivers in following your wishes concerning medical treatment or non-treatment in the event you cannot make those wishes known. Advanced directives are best developed before an illness or injury occurs. For further information, call our Patient Service Coordinator at (309) 543-8594.

    Mason District Hospital offers an interpreter service for patients speaking a foreign language. For assistance please talk with your nurse regarding this service.

    For some people, pastoral guidance and prayer helps to enhance treatment and recovery. Mason District Hospital pastoral staff consists of clergy members of various faiths who are available to meet with patients upon request for spiritual counseling, guidance and prayer. Patients who are hospitalized are encouraged to invite their minister, priest, rabbi or other spiritual counselor to visit with them during their stay, or to request a visit from a hospital chaplain. If you wish to see a chaplain, please talk with your nurse or call (309) 543-8594 for assistance.