Visitors can be good medicine for patients and family members and friends are welcome to visit. General visiting hours are from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. If you would like to visit during other hours, please check with the patients nurse. The Monitor Bed Units have special hours and guidelines so please check with the patients nurse for these guidelines.
While visiting, we ask that visitors follow the following guidelines:
- Please have only two visitors in the room at one time.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Visitors should use public restrooms, not patient bathrooms.
- Smoking is only allowed on the smoking patio, in the back of the hospital. Please ask for directions.
- Visitors must dress appropriately, including shirt and shoes.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid any unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or examinations.
All patient rooms are designed with a window seat, the seat can be converted into a bed, if needed by family members. Please check with a nurse first before planning to stay with a patient overnight.
Parking is available to all patients and visitors in the parking lot directly in front of the main entrance and in front of the south medical building.
We provide several options to meet the nutritional needs of family and friends visiting the hospital. The hospital cafeteria is open to the public for breakfast and lunch. We also have vending machines off the main lobby for your convenience.
- Breakfast hours are 7:15 am to 8:00 am
- Lunch hours are 12:00 noon to 1:15 pm
- Vending machines available 24/7
The hospital’s gift shop is operated and staffed by volunteers. It has many gift items, to express your best wishes for a patient and to make a hospital stay more comfortable. The gift shop is located in the main lobby. Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts, food or drinks to patients. Certain gifts, including food, fresh flowers and live plants, are not allowed in some patient’s rooms. The gift shop is open daily, Monday through Friday, but has no set hours. If it is closed, check with the front desk, and someone will open it up for you.
Mail is delivered Monday through Friday. It is usually sorted and distributed by 10:00 am. Any mail received after you leave will be forwarded to your home. Please give the following information to anyone who may be writing you:
Mason District Hospital
P.O. Box 530
Havana, IL 62644
The Lost and Found service is managed by the hospital’s Plant Operations Department. If you have a lost or found item pleases call Jeannie Stockham at (309) 543-8116.