Senior Advantage of Mason District Hospital
Senior Advantage Senior Advantage is a cutting-edge health service, offered for those 65 and older, through Mason District Hospital. The program is an intensive outpatient behavioral health program that promotes the mental and emotional well-being of senior citizens.
We provide outpatient treatment for mental and emotional health in a positive, caring environment that promotes hope and independence. The treatment team includes a Medical Director, Psychotherapists, Registered Nurses, CNA Support Persons and Shuttle Driver. Patient care is fully coordinated with the individual’s primary care physician.
Intensive outpatient treatment lasts twelve to fourteen weeks and occurs one to four days per week. Follow-up care is provided for 12 months after discharge from the program. Medicare generally covers appropriate diagnoses and treatment plans of this medical service. Assistance with transportation can be arranged for patients when other means are not available. A noon meal is provided to patients during the treatment day.
Senior Advantage is located in the lower level of Mason District Hospital’s West Medical Building. The ground-level entry is at the southwest end of the parking lot by the Business Offices. Inquiries and self-referrals, physician referrals, and social services referrals may be made by calling Senior Advantage at (309) 543-8120.
Senior Advantage of Mason District Hospital -- helping senior-age adults cope with: Depressed mood
- Unresolved grief
- Anxiety, nervousness
- Isolation or loneliness
- Difficulty coping with health/physical changes
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleep or appetite changes
- Feelings of hopelessness or helplessness
- Low self-esteem
- Personality changes
The Senior Advantage:
- Provides group, individual, and family therapy as well as medication management for behavioral health diagnoses
- Provides a noon meal during the treatment day
- Coordinates the patient’s care with the individual’s primary care physician
- Lasts for 12-14 weeks (1-4 days per week)
- Provides follow-up care after discharge
- Assists with transportation
Your Senior Advantage Team:
- Dr. Richard Grant, M.D. - Psychiatrist and Medical Director
- Kenny Bloyd, LCSW - Psychotherapist and Manager
- Pamela Tippey-Herrick, LCPC - Psychotherapist
- Juli Black, BSN, RN - Full-time Nurse
- Joan Marshall, RN - Part-time Nurse
- Alison Svob, RN - Part-time and PRN Nurse
- Stacey Sheets, CNA - Support Staff
- Sarah Boehl, CNA - Support Staff
- Mickey Wills - Shuttle Driver
For more information contact us at (309) 543-8120.