Home Health Care Services
741 East Laurel Street
Havana, IL 62644
Mission StatementTo provide quality home care to the population of Mason County and surrounding counties within a 30-mile radius by consistently meeting our client’s health needs with the highest standards of excellence while maintaining cost-effective care and strict standards of professional and ethical behavior.
Care Where You Need It MostMason District Hospital’s comitment to your health doesn’t end at the hospital or doctor’s office — there are times when you may need health care in the comfort of your own home. Through our Home Health Services, we bring compassionate, quality health care to you, helping you adapt and manage your medical situation at home.
We serve those of all ages who are acutely or chronically ill, are temporarily disabled, or those who require long term care. We accept Medicare, Medicaid, and we are a preferred provider for most private insurance companies.
Mason District Hospital Home Health is certified by the Illinois Department of Public Health and accredited by the Joint Commission.
Home Care EligibilityTo receive home care services, patients need to:
- If under Medicare requirements, be considered “homebound” – that is, require a considerable and taxing effort to leave home
- Require a skilled professional service
- Be under the care of a licensed physician
Arranging for Home CareIf you or your loved one is leaving a hospital or nursing home, a discharge planner at that facility can contact us with a referral for your care at home. By law, you have the right to choose which agency you prefer to provide your care at home. Referrals may also be made by your doctor or health care professional.
Home care services are available seven days a week with access to a nurse clinician 24 hours a day. Mason District Home Health Offices are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Referrals may be phoned to our office at 309-543-6137.
Our multidisciplinary teamRegistered nurses
- Provide skilled assessments and instruction related to your medical situation and skilled services such as education, diabetic care, nutrition counseling, wound care, IV infusion.
- Assist with muscle strengthening and mobility with a focus on home safety and patient comfort.
- Teach you to accomplish activities of daily living within your limitations and to adapt your home as needed.
- Available on a limited basis. Call Home Health at 309-543-6137 for more information.
Home Health Aide
- Offer personal care services under the guidance of the registered nurse.
- Assists the registered nurse in assessing your nutritional status and assists with individual diet planning.
Social Worker Services
- Provide assistance with planning for major health care needs and issues including personal, family and financial needs of the patient.
Making the transitionIf you have any questions, contact our office and our nurses will assist you in determining if you are eligible for home care. Our patients get the health care they need, where they need it most—at home.
For more information, call Home Health at (309) 543-6137.
Mason District Hospital Home Health Agency offers a way to assist people of all ages in the community by providing a professional registered nurse with our affordable private pay Care Service Program that can provide…
- Lab draws in your home
- Medication planner/set up
- Monthly catheter changes
Our services do not require a physician’s order, but we will work closely with your doctor to ensure you are receiving the highest level of professional care needed.
Care Services are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. for people in Mason County and surrounding counties within a thirty mile radius.
For fees and other information call us today at (309) 543-6137!